Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program (IHWAP)
Weatherization is designed to help low-income residents save fuel and money while increasing the comfort of their homes. Depending on the circumstances and condition of your dwelling, some of the following work may be done:
- Sealing cracks with weather-stripping and caulk
- Insulating attics and walls
- Repairing windows and doors
Weatherization services include having an experienced heating contractor examine your heating system to make sure the heating system is safe and in good working order. Work on your furnace may include: clean and tune, repair, retrofit, and in some cases, replacement of the unit.
- Eligible for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Have an occupant receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Aid to Aged Blind and Disabled (AABD), or
- Are at or below the current income qualification guidelines.
If a household is eligible, one of the trained agency staff will assess the home and conduct an energy audit that will determine what work can be done to save the most energy.
The work will be done by experienced workers using the appropriate materials. The work will then be inspected to make sure it is complete and correct.
Find out if you are eligible for the Weatherization Program. Call (630) 553-9100.