Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP)
Kendall County Health Department has staff who can assist seniors with Medicare coverage decisions.
The Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP) provides free individual counseling services at local sites throughout Illinois, including the Kendall County Health Department. SHIP is dedicated to educating people with Medicare and their caregivers about available insurance options. SHIP services are also available for people on Medicare due to a disability.
What is SHIP?
- SHIP is a free counseling service provided by the Illinois Department of Insurance
- SHIP does not sell or solicit insurance.
- SHIP is not an insurance plan.
- SHIP trains volunteer counselors throughout the State of Illinois to provide one-on-one help with your insurance.
SHIP counselors can answer questions about:
- Medicare Supplement Insurance
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- Prescription Drug Coverage through Medicare and other sources
- Extra Help from Social Security for prescription drug costs
- Illinois Cares Rx prescription drug assistance program
- Long-term Care Insurance
- Medicare Claims and Appeals
- Medicare Beneficiary Rights and Guarantees