Alternative to Suspension
Alternative to Suspension services works with area students to explore alternatives to delinquent and/ or suspension worthy behavior.
The program is a collaborative effort between the Kendall County Health Department and Kendall County schools, and is provided at the Health Department.
Goals of the Program:
- Reduce school suspension time.
- Complete a comprehensive psychosocial evaluation with recommendations for treatment.
- Explore alternatives to delinquent and/or suspension worthy behavior.
- Establish a working treatment team between the school, family, and Health Department
- Provide substance abuse education and/or treatment.
- Develop rule governed behavior and emotional regulation.
Incidents Warranting Services:
- Drug and/or alcohol offenses
- Fighting / violence
- Bullying / intimidation
- Disruptive behavior
- Gang related behavior
- Disrespectful behavior