Prevention Outreach Services
KCHD prevention and diversion services deliver proactive services designed to reduce individual, family, and environmental risk factors, increase resiliency, enhance protective factors, and achieve individual and comprehensive community wellness. We strive to implement universal prevention/diversion services in collaboration with Kendall County schools in order to prevent or reduce problem behaviors. We are dedicated to the provision of selected prevention/diversion services for the reduction of identified risk factors and strengthening of protective factors in at-risk populations.
Please feel free to contact us at(630) 553-9100 if you have any questions about potential community education presentation on comprehensive mental health and wellbeing topics.
Prevention and Diversion Services
- Community based psycho-education and training on mental health and substance abuse topics to schools, police/fire, libraries, faith based organizations, and diverse civic organizations
- Project Alert substance abuse education and prevention services for Kendall County middle school students.
- Jail Service mental health and substance abuse services with Kendall County inmates.
- Youth Offender education and prevention services in collaboration with Kendall County Probation.
- Parent Education for Kendall County families with youth who are involved in the legal system, in collaboration with Kendall County Court Services.
- Alcohol, tobacco, and drug prevention and psycho-education in Kendall County Schools.
- Early Intervention psycho-education for students and families referred from Kendall County Schools.